You’re the person who will keep our e-Learning platform solid, seamless and accessible. You’ll make sure that navigating it is stupid simple for new users, and will keep improving the overral experience for current users. You’ll ensure we’re up-to-date with cybersecurity, that we stay online consistently and that everyone who passes by our platform is delighted by the experience.
We are hoping you’re the kind of person who believes problems exist to be solved, that Google is your friend, and that teamwork makes the dream work. We need you to be ambitious with what is possible for our platform and all the ways we can have incredible impact across the continent. So, be ready to push that envelope constantly.
Don’t worry, you will not be working alone. There’s a lot of talented folks you will be pulling this off with. And you’ll report directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time role with 2 months probationary period.
- Managing, maintaining, expanding and scaling our learning management system
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices for our EdTech Website
- Create and test applications for our website
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases on our platform
- Present and/ or interpret design specs for different products
- Troubleshoot website problems
- Monitor website traffic, web sessions and web speeds.
- Cooperate with the designers to match visual design intent
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Create a seamless automation system on our backend that connects with our other tech stack such as email marketing and client support.
Skills and Competencie
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of the technical side of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is an added advantage though not compulsory.
- Multitasking skills