- Ever dreamt of studying abroad but you don’t have the finances to support you?
- Ever desired to win a scholarship but you don’t know where to look?
- Do you desire to study debt free and still get a chance to explore a foreign country?
- Ever wondered if a Second Class Lower is a good enough grade to win a scholarship?
- Got a family and wonder if it is possible to purse your Masters or PhD studies on a scholarship?
Look no further, we are here to help you to bag that scholarship!
In this Scholarship Masterclass, you will learn
- The pros of studying abroad on a scholarship
- Where to look for scholarships
- How to look for a scholarship
- What to consider when applying for a scholarship
- The documents you need to apply for a scholarship
- How to prepare for a scholarship interview
- What scholarship funders look for when awarding a scholarship
… And tips on how to survive studying abroad and ace it!
We’re here to help…
Meet Stella Andenyi
Stella Andenyi, is a recipient of the Shandong Freshman Excellence Award in 2018. She graduated in June 2020 with a Master’s Degree in Engineering specializing in Project Management. While at Shandong University, in Jinan, China, she was the Kenyan Representative to the African Students Council. She was also awarded the Chinese Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship in 2020.
She believes we are all human becoming for whom learning is continuous. She’s here to take you through this journey into getting the scholarship of your wildest dreams.
Meet Dr. Caroline Lumosi
Dr. Caroline Lumosi, is a recipient of the Dutch Government 2012 Netherlands Fellowship Programme NFP Scholarship (Currently known as Orange Knowledge Programme). She graduated in August 2014 from Wageningen University, The Netherlands with a Master’s Degree in Forest and Nature Conservation. She later was awarded a PhD fellowship supported by EU-Horizon 2020 DAFNE Research project to study for her PhD in Natural Resource Management at Osnabrueck University, Germany. Caroline also won an Oxford University Scholarship at Linacre College worth £11,000.
Caroline has successfully applied for and received several research and travel grants including: WWF Russell E. Train Fellowships – Professional Development Grant worth USD3,000; Conservation Leadership Program- Research Grant worth USD12,000; Equipment grant from Ideal Wild; Earthwatch Institute training fellowship; World Bank Climate Change Unit, Training fellowship among others.
Caroline says ‘I have been rejected from several scholarships and grants, but I have also been successful in others. From failure we learn and grow. I have learnt a thing or two about putting in a successful scholarship application, I am here to support you through your scholarship journey’
Over the period of 3 Saturdays for 3 hours each, here’s what you will gain from joining this class
The Search Process
- We will help you understand how to tailor the search process to help you to narrow down on a scholarship that best fits your academic and social profile thus increasing your chances of bagging a scholarship!
The Application Process
- We will support you to understand, how to structure and align your application documents to meet the eligibility criteria and ace the application process both with the institution and with the scholarship agency.
After winning the scholarship
We will give you practical tips to support you to prepare to live abroad, navigate culture and language dynamics, enjoy the study process while still getting time to explore your new surroundings. Also, we will give you tips on what to consider as you plan to return home and many more hidden details that are often overlooked
This class will demystify the whole process and journey and bring you information you never knew you needed, whether you’re looking to apply for a Masters or PhD Scholarship.
The next class will begin on October 16th 2021 from 9am – 12noon, sign up now!