What are job retention skills?
You found the job of your dreams – congratulations! Now, you have to work to keep sustain or retain it.
Job retention skills are habits, attitudes and choices that we make to do our job well, demonstrate value to our employer and enhance increase our chances of keeping retain our job and prospects of career progression.
How can we develop and apply job retention skills?
To develop and apply job retention skills, you should:
- Understand and follow the workplace culture
- Work to your employer’s expectations
- Be a great team player and follow work ethics
- Demonstrate your strength and value towards productivity and growth
- Update your job required skills constantly